Step 1: Log in to your DirectAdmin Hosting Account
- Open your web browser and navigate to your DirectAdmin login page. The URL should be something like: example.com:2222 (replace “example.com” with your actual server’s hostname or your own domain name).
- Enter your DirectAdmin username and password to log in to the control panel.
Step 2: Access Email Accounts Section
Once logged in, navigate to the E-Mail Accounts section and then click on E-Mail Accounts to manage and create your email addresses.
Step 3: Create a New Email Address
- In the E-Mail Accounts section, click on the Create Account button.
- Enter the desired username for the email address (before the @ symbol).
- Choose the domain from the drop-down list where you want to create the email address. (Typically found on the top-right of the page, depending on your chosen layout)
- Set a strong password for the email account. You can use the “Password Generator” for a secure password by clicking on the icon.
- Set the quota for the email account. You can tick the “Max” checkbox for no limit or enter a specific quota in megabytes (MB).
- Click the Create Account button to add the new email address.
We would recommend also ticking the Secure SSL and PHP Access options as well. Simply click on Create once you have filled out the fields.
Accessing Your Email
After creating the email address, you can access it using a webmail interface or by setting it up with your preferred email client (e.g., Outlook, Thunderbird). You can obtain your email settings here to use with any third-party email clients.
To access the webmail interface, navigate back to the E-Mail Accounts section and click on the icon next to the email address to automatically login to the email accounts web mail interface.
Alternatively, you can also access the webmail login URL by going to example.com/roundcube and entering your email address and password.